Tuesday, November 22, 2011

SHOEFLY

I sat down with my drink on the front porch to watch my two baby girls gets some playtime outside.  It was a rare occasion considering I hadn't had anytime off from work for the last two weeks. 

It was a beautiful day.  The sun was shining, the dogwoods are blooming and the smell of honey suckles surrounded me.

Then the dreadful buzzzzzzz.  Really?  I think to myself. 

Can you not just leave me alone this one day of all days?

I hear my three year old "Mommy, I made you some lemonade.  I say thank you and pretend to drink the teacup of red clay". 

I hear the buzzing sound again and I take a huge swat.  That little booger is not getting my lemonade.  

Out of my mouth I loudly scream "SHOE FLY SHOE" as I swat with my flip flop from left to right. 

I settle back down to hear the kids laughing and playing as take a sip of my drink.  I look over the left. 

Both girls have taken both shoes off. 

They are throwing them up in the air..... screaming "SHOE FLY SHOE!" 

I laugh so hard I almost peeed my pants. 

I think to myself, wow....shoes can really fly if you want them too.

That is where Mr. Shoefly came from which is the title of one of my books.  



No comments:

Post a Comment