Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Magic Coffee

Mommy's Wake Up Call
I am sleep dreaming of jumping over a very large stream.

"Mommy, its time for my cereal".  I squint with one eye to see my baby girl like clockwork at the

edge of my bed.   "OK, give mommy a minute." I lay back close my eyes as to fall back a sleep, and

I hear her breath next to me ready as though I there was an ongoing repeat button.

I roll over to climb out of bed.  She's at the baby proofed cereal door waiting.

I stroll in half a sleep make her cereal and my magic coffee is waiting for me....right? 

As my four year old says "Mommy, the baby's up." 

I retreat to my youngest daughters room her waiting anxiously for me to pick her up. 

Half asleep walking with her in my hand, I look like a wall of stuffed animals  as we leave her room. 

It's if they will disappear forever. 

I lay her on the floor as she holds Tigger, Owl, and let's not forget Pooh and our three pink blankies.

I cover her up and for the one moment of comfort I lay my head next to hers as we cuddle. 

Makes it all worth it. 
"Juice, Juice", she mumbles. 

I head to the kitchen forwhat is really called Magic Juice.  It contains all the ingredients for a happy

babygirl in the morning.  Without it would be devastating.  I turn on their morning show which is

Barney.  I hug my oldest babygirl and swiftly run to take my five minute shower. 

Coffee? I forgot my coffee!

Then I realized I had my Magic Coffee with my morning cuddles...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment